Change in ASPH Councils Leadership
During the ASPH Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA, and in the months since, we welcomed new chairs to several of our councils. Thank you to the outgoing chairs, and congratulations to those newly elected.
- Dr. Gary Giovino of the University at Buffalo SUNY School of Public Health and Health Professions is the new chair of the Behavioral and Social Sciences Council.
- Mr. Daniel Swartzman of the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health is the new chair of the Council on Learning Futures.
- Dr. Michael (Mike) Bisesi of Ohio State University College of Public Health is the new chair of the Environmental and Occupation Health Council.
- The Development and Alumni Affairs Council elected two new co-chairs: Ms. Kristen de Paor of the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health and Mr. James Smith of the Harvard School of Public Health.
- The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Council elected three individuals; Dr. James Anderson of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health will serve as the Chair, Dr. John Vena of the University of Georgia College of Public Health will serve as the epidemiology co-chair, and Dr. Sentil Senthilselvan of the University of Alberta School of Public Health will serve as the biostatistics co-chair.
- The Student Services Council will be led by Ms. Mary Derkach of the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health and Ms. Mary Murphy-Phillips of the Boston University School of Public Health.