The National Hispanic Health Foundation, affiliated with the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service at New York University, will award 20 scholarships to dental, medical, nursing, public health, pharmacy, and policy students who exhibit exceptional academic performance, leadership, and commitment to the Hispanic community. Eleven recipients will receive $5,000 for two years funded through United Health Foundation and nine will receive $2,000 for 1 year. The scholarships will be presented to awardees at the Sixth Annual California Scholarship Gala in Los Angeles on Thursday, November 21, 2013 or the Tenth Annual New York Scholarship Gala in New York City on Thursday, December 5, 2013.
Please complete the second page of this application, writing legibly. Incomplete applications will not be considered by the review committee. Please send entire application, along with letters of recommendation in one pdf document via e-mail. Only electronic copies will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 4, 2013. Recipients will be notified by October 25, 2013.
- Applications must be received by e-mail by 5 p.m. Pacific on due date. Note: We recommend all completed applications be e-mailed in one PDF.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time and seeking a graduate degree at medical, dental, nursing, public health, pharmacy, or policy schools (not programs) or enrolled full-time and seeking an undergraduate degree in nursing (BSN) .
- Applicants are not required to be Hispanic; an affinity for the health of Hispanic communities and an interest in participating in NHHF Scholars Alumni activities is needed.
- Past applicants not awarded may re-apply; past recipients of funding may not.
- Applications may be downloaded at www.nhmafoundation.org