The Friday Letter is the Association of Schools of Public Health's complimentary, weekly e-newsletter that focuses on the latest news from leading Schools of Public Health. We feature groundbreaking research, opportunities, and developments from CEPH-accredited Schools of Public Health. Each week the newsletter is sent to approximately 15,000 subscribers who are members of the public health workforce and academic community.
The Friday Letter disseminates stories that speak to and further ASPH’s mission to promote the efforts of Schools of Public Health to improve the health of every person through education, research, and policy. The Friday Letter serves as a weekly account of the excellence and relevance of CEPH-accredited Schools of Public Health to the academic and practice community at large. The publication aims for inclusiveness and clarity at all levels in its content and creation.
We invite article submissions from those affiliated with ASPH-member Schools of Public Health and ASPH-partner organizations. Before submitting an article, please review the ASPH Friday Letter Submissions Guidelines, which offers specific requirements and guidance for submissions.
Please submit all stories an email attachment or as text in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you are submitting an article in the email subject line.
When submitting an article, please adhere to the below style guidelines:
- Articles must be received by Wednesday at 12 p.m. (Eastern) in order to appear in that week's issue. (Note: ASPH follows the Federal work schedule. If the office is closed on a Friday, the newsletter will be sent the business day before.)
- Each section will be limited to two articles per school. If more than two are submitted then ASPH editorial staff will determine which will be published.
- All persons mentioned in the article must be referred to by their correct title (Dr., Mr., Ms.). The responsibility of providing the correct title falls to the author/submitter of the article.
- Articles must be written in the third person
- Stories should be no longer than one-page (single space, 11pt font)
- Include a link to a press release, website, or other resource for more information if available.
- Do not include opinion or emotion in the article (e.g., the extraordinary speaker).
- Faculty educational backgrounds will only be included when relevant to article.
- People’s titles and professional associations must be limited to two roles.
- Headlines may not exceed one line in length and they must note the SPH’s role in the story.
- Photos and images that accompany articles are highly encouraged. Images should be sent as a high-res .JPG attachment and include captions.
To submit an article, click here. Please do not send job postings. All jobs are now posted on www.publichealthjobs.net.
2013 Editorial Calendar:
The Editorial Calendar includes a list of the year’s Featured Friday topics. About once a month, the Friday Letter has a special section that highlights the activities and research of our Schools of Public Health on various public health topics. For examples, click here, here, and here.
ASPH reserves the right to edit or decline an article for any reason. If you have a question regarding an article, or would like to submit one, please email email@example.com.